Norman Font & Wood Cover
The font is ancient, but of such simple design that it could hardly be dated.
It was cast out in a nineteenth-century restoration, lying first in the Vicarage garden, then in the churchyard, and later under the tower, before it was eventually restored in 1930.
A ‘decent font cover’ was ordered to be provided in 1634, and this may well be the present cover. This too had been discarded, but was preserved in the Vicarage and brought back into the church in 1886.