Organ & Oak Casings

The original organ was built in 1830, but the present three manual instrument was installed in 1882.

There are over 3000 pipes in total, the tallest 16 feet high whilst the smallest measure only 2 inches!

The two magnificent oak casings, made in 1953, were some of the last pieces of furniture hand-carved by Robert Thompson of Kilburn, whose signature trade-mark is a baby mouse in a nest.