MEET THE HERITAGE TEAM
(established as part of the recent Church Development Project)
Carry is a retired local primary school headteacher. She has worked with all ages from pre-school through to adult learners. She has a BA (Hons) in the History and Archaeology of the Middle Ages and a particular interest in early Christian Britain and Ireland. Her post as Heritage Manager at All Saints Church is a labour of love, she loves exploring churches and discovering their stories and is passionate about welcoming schools, families and the wider community in a way that is exciting, informative and fun.
Heritage Education and Activities Coordinator
Joy is keen to share her enthusiasm for Art and History and has had plenty of experience in teaching all age ranges in the UK and overseas. She previously has worked in Event management and has led Art and Craft themed workshops. Her passion is for all things ancient and she likes to absorb the culture of past civilisations. In her travels, she has participated in a variety of ‘hands-on’ archaeology (Greek and Roman).
- Contact: Church Office 01943 816035
- Address: 6 Church St Ilkley LS29 9DS
- Website: (Heritage Page) allsaintsilkley.org
- Church Opening Hours: Monday -Saturday between the hours of 9:30am and 2:30pm.
- If you are making a special journey to visit the Church please call first as occasional events or special services, such as weddings or funerals, may restrict access.
- Organised visits to the Church
- Guided tours and visits can be arranged. All Saints’ Church welcomes visits from schools, colleges and other groups and is keen to support any group that wishes to use the Church as a learning resource.
- Accessibility: Disabled access is possible to most areas and there are disabled toilet facilities.